IDEA 105: Design for Human Performance
14.75 hours (LU | HSW)
This course examines the concept of human performance (the ability of people to complete activities and tasks) through the investigation of the four key bodies of knowledge related to human performance: anthropometry, biomechanics, perception, and cognition. The course summarizes each body of knowledge in terms of its relationship to universal design and provides key design strategies for each.
At the conclusion of this course, participants will be able to…
- Explain the four key areas of human performance knowledge and their importance to universal design, citing specific examples.
- Contrast universal design and best practices in ergonomic design using the example of the bell curve of characteristics and abilities.
- Apply the four key areas of human performance knowledge to universal design using the key strategies discussed.
- Identify each of the human performance areas in a given sample environment.
Students must create a udeducation.org account and purchase the course. The course is on-demand, available anytime!
To complete this course, students must complete approximately 14.75 hours (LU | HSW) of work during a 1-year window of availability. There are no required sign-in times; however, there are established due dates designed to keep students working at a sufficient pace. Specifically, students must:
- Read the assigned portions of the textbook: Universal Design: Creating Inclusive Environments (sold separately in print and e-book format at Wiley and Amazon).
- Read additional assigned materials provided on the course website.
- View all videos in their entirety.
- Respond to at least 4 assignments on the discussion board, and respond to any instructor comments.
- Correctly answer at least 70% of the multiple-choice questions on each of two separate tests within the time limits specified for each test.
A certificate of completion will be provided on the course website following successful completion. Access certificates for expired courses anytime on the My Profile page.
Universal Design: Creating Inclusive Environments
You may also like…
IDEA 101+102: Barriers & Their Social Meaning + Defining Universal Design$168.00 Buy Course
IDEA 103 + 104: The New Demographics + Practicing Universal Design$213.00 Buy Course
IDEA 106 + 107: Design for Health & Wellness + Design for Social Participation$238.00 Buy Course
Universal Design: Creating Inclusive Environments$76.96 Buy Course