Light Headquarters

Eric LaMunion
ARC605 | Fall 2013

This project showcases a design for an Office Building in Limerick, Ireland; standing as a headquarters to an architectural lighting company that focuses on passive and artificial lighting. Research has shown that over a 10 year period the cost to a company is as follows: 82% towards employee salaries, while the remaining 18% covers initial building cost and long-term maintenance care of the facility. The main driving concept is to increase worker productivity, longevity, and overall work space performance. This will result in a more efficient use of the 82% of the company’s expenses.